We are now taking resumes for 2020 season! Our instructors at Summa Love are chosen for many reasons including how they interact with kids, their surfing/ocean experience, overall attitude and reliability. This is a great job for someone who wants a fun, exciting and fulfilling summer.
*You must have a background in surfing and ocean awareness in order to qualify for this position*
At Summa Love you will:
- Greet parents, students
- Set up, break down camp including boards, tents, wetsuits, tables, etc..
- Provide surf instruction to small groups of students while teaching safety precautions.
- Supervise day campers (ages 6-17) on the beach and in the water.
- Engage in beach games and beach sweeps when campers are on break from surfing.
The successful Summa Love instructor will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years working or volunteering with children.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with surfing. You must be a skilled surfer.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
- CPR certification, 1st aid certification is required.
Were looking for dependability, organizational skills, attention to detail, outgoing personality, good communication, punctual, responsible, positive, sharp and ready to learn!
Most importantly, Instructors MUST ALWAYS put the highest priority on monitoring the safety of the campers at all times.
If you are interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add any additional information including video, achievements, awards, volunteer work, competition results, school clubs. Positions available in our summer surf camp for camp counselors. All candidates must go though 2 paid camp days of training prior to instructing your own group. All camp times are posted online for hours. We are looking forward to meeting you!